"The oral and gut microbiomes are perturbed in rheumatoid arthritis and partly normalized after treatment"
I couldn’t access the full study, but there is a PDF with more information here. If I’m not misinterpreting it, it seems to suggest that DMARDS (was it methotrexate?) changes the microbiome. The more change in microbiome, the better the disease improvement?
- Alterations in RA- associated Gut and oral microbiomes
- Partly relieved by DMARD treatment
- Gut and oral MLGs correlate with each other
- Gut and oral MLGs correlate with clinical indices
- Allow classification (RA/ HC)
- Allow prediction of treatment outcome
I’m looking for more information on this.